A hallmark of youthful beauty is a face with full cheeks. Facial fat provides volume and lift. This gives you a youthful, vibrant appearance. As we age, we lose volume in the cheek area. Loss of facial fat and gravity contribute to the sunken, hollowed appearance of aging. The cheeks flatten and fall, and nasolabial folds develop. Voluma is a dermal filler that treats age-related volume loss and provides smooth, natural-looking results immediately. It lifts, fills, and rejuvenates.
Voluma is a hyaluronic acid filler that is beneficial to restore volume to the cheeks. Replacing lost volume to the cheeks restores a youthful appearance. When the cheeks are elevated, they lift which softens the jowls and nasolabial folds. Elevating the cheeks rebalances the face, giving the appearance of a face lift, without the cost and discomfort.
Voluma can also be used to fill in the hollow areas in the temples and hollows below the cheek bones, essentially redrawing the jaw line. This dermal filler lasts up to two years.
Voluma or Sculptra®?
- Both are excellent fillers. Skilled injectors may use them together based on their properties.
- Both can last for up to 2 years.
- Either can be used to lift the cheeks, fill temple hollows, and the hollows below the cheeks.
- Voluma may be a bit more expensive than Sculptra.
- Voluma provides immediate results while it may take 3-4 months to see Sculptra’s full effects. Sculptra’s effects are more gradual.
- While you wait for the full effects of Sculptra to build collagen, other fillers like Perlane and Juvederm can provide immediate results.
- You may need more than one injection of Sculptra to achieve your goals.
- Voluma is a hyaluronic acid filler. Hyaluronic acid is sugar made by the body.
- Sculptra is an injectable poly-L-lactic acid filler. Poly-L-lactic acid is a synthetic form of lactic acid made in the body.
- Sculptra is a dermal filler that stimulates your body to produce collagen in the areas that need it. Voluma does not stimulate collagen production.
The skill and expertise of your doctor is as important as which filler is used. Experienced injectors understand the properties of each filler, and choose the ones best for your specific circumstances.
Schedule an appointment with Dr. Mehr. At your consultation, she will evaluate your face and skin, and determine which fillers will give you the look you are seeking.